Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On Prayer

My uncle and Aunt have been without a job and proper finances for years now. They live in the suburbs of a major South African city, where unemployment holds little promise. A month back my grandparents joined me here in British Columbia and we carried on the work of persistently asking God's hand of favor over our relatives. In two short spurts, quite out of nowhere they landed on a spacious home and property on a hill for ridiculously low pricing, and my uncle got a job under Sun Microsystems as territory manager for West Africa. This all simultaneously with the increased weight of our corporate prayer. This brilliant blessing on behalf of our loving Father has caused me to ask a few questions on prayer.

1. How often have I lacked good things because I failed to ask of God?

2. If Jesus has secured Lordship over the universe and bids us approach with requests, why are my requests of meagre proportion?

3. How often has God said no to my requests, not because I lacked faith or because they were evil, but because I did not ask often?

4. When Esther approached King Xerxes, he looked on her with favor and said," What is it, Queen Esther? What is your request? Even up to half the kingdom, it will be given you." If a pagan king could make such pledges-presumptuous or no- to his bride, is it not logical that the Lord of Truth could make much more to His?

5. If God has been busy tending to a storm the size of three earths for three hundred years on Jupiter, does He lack power or attention to handle the requests of one of his children?

Merely some thoughts to ponder.

No comments: