Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thank you Hillsong.

At that time Jesus said," I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure." - Mt 11:25

I didn't select this precious little scripture passage in order to demean the Hillsong Worship artists. Not at all. Yesterday as my mother flipped on their worship music as we drove out for a bite to eat, it struck me almost immediately how profound and beautiful their music is. I was practically caught up into the heavens as I listened to the intimate prayers and declarations of the gospel woven into these simple songs. These people love Jesus. These people have beheld his beauty and his glory in the sanctuary. I was so inspired and encouraged by their intimate love and reverance for the Lord Most High that I could not help but feel refreshed in my faith. And yet if I were to interview any one of these artists, they probably wouldn't be able to tell me squat about Chalcedonian theology or the modicum of epistemology in the revelation of God.

No comments: