Monday, April 18, 2011

101 things to do in 1001 days.

This is a blog idea, by which the reader may indulge in his/her general narcissism and list a number of things he/she would like to accomplish in an enclosed slot of time. My sister did one and it was brilliant (she has a knack for turning the most selfish projects into selfless emanations of charity and life). Since no one reads my blog anyhow, and since talking to myself is almost as satisfying, I have compiled a list for my own viewing pleasure below: 1. Befriend Zac Efron. 2. Have Pope Benedict out to my cottage for a week (this will surely happen only in accordance with God's power, but I am hopeful). 3. Skinny-Dip in three different lakes this summer (there is a sensual beauty to swimming in the nude). 4. Finish Sartre's Being and Nothingness (after reading the first thirty pages over at least ten times, I need to make an advancement) 5. Finish 1.2 of Barth's church dogmatics and complete 2.1. 6. Take a course in Latin. 7. Kiss a girl. 8. Get a six-pack (en route) 9. Purchase a sailboat. 10. Complete the entire Cheam Range (a total of ten peaks, from the valley floor). 11. Kayak Trip. 12. Picnic in the Pembina valley. 13. Complete Chopin's Concerto in E Minor (1/3) 14. Publish two songs for Youtube. 15. Develop a closer friendship with my older sister. 16. Get to know Dave more. 17. Become more accomplished in Spanish. 18. Diet Better. 19. Bring two new people to church. 20. Read a new book by Viktor Frankl (one of the most beautiful men ever to have lived; this man is my very heart). 21. Find the longest biography on Martin Luther and read it. 22. Bake a seven-layer torte. 23. Learn how to take better care of my vehicle. 24. Learn how to live in spite of the ubiquitous meaninglessness of life. 25. Improve my grammar. 26. Have memorized 50 psalms (20/50) 27. Master the 1's section at Earls. 28. Get a sense of where I need to be, work-wise, in this life. 29. Make peace with old age and loss of youth. 30. Successfully reconcile with everyone that I am at odds with. 31. Actually love an enemy. 32. Complete my B.A. 33. Begin a Master's Degree. 34. Learn how to record music in a studeo. 35. Watch the Godfather Trilogy. 36. Develop a correspondence with Henri Blocher. 37. Give advice to Stephen Harper. 38. Get happier. 39. Forgive more. 40. Come to terms with my Mennonite heritage. 41. A duet with Breanne Duren. 42. Take dance lessons. 43. Love the world less. 44. Become less of a coward in speaking about Jesus. 45. Greater assurance of salvation. 46. A week-long sailing trip off of British Columbia. 47. Spend more time outdoors. 48. Plant more and variegated Daffodils. 49. Get to know my cat Jensen better. 50. Become closer friends with Jadon Peters. I'm bored now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha Marc! Great list, you need to have a start and end date though. It's a total of 2.75 years. I like the one about brining the Pope to the cottage...and befriending Zac Efron ;)